Fit our repair kit and fix the lid on your glove box simply and permanently. Our repair kit allows you to restore the function of your glove box with no need to rely upon the poor quality latching mechanism on your glove box lid. Our item simply replaces the rubber grommets on the glove box with strong magnets, by fitting our subtle metal receivers on the glove box lid these enable the glove box to be closed tightly and securely without the use of the lid mechanism which fails. A very simple repair (please check out our instructions and video in this listing) which can be carried out in situ on the glovebox with no need to remove / split open the glove box door. A great alternative to replacing the whole glovebox assembly which would just fail again. Our magnetic latching kit allows you to continue to use the glovebox completely as normal, a very discreet solution to a very common fault. AFFECTED VEHICLES: 2000-2004 VW Golf MK 4 1J 1999+ New Beetle 2000-2006 VW Jetta / Bora A4 1J Associated part numbers: 1C2857097D, 1C2857097D3SG, 1C2857097L3SG Please note: to be compatible with the vehicles listed above you must ensure that the glove box has rubber bump stops with a screw in the middle on the upper section of the glove box as shown in our listing images. Our repair kit includes all parts shown above: 2x high strength magnets, 2x countersunk magnets, 2x magnet fastening screws, 2x Black countersunk washers, 2x Black countersunk screws.
- Compatible vehicles: VW Golf mk4 1J (1998-2004), VW New Beetle (1999-2010), VW Jetta/Bora (2000-2006). Associated part numbers: 1C2857097D, 1C2857097D3SG, 1C2857097L3SG
- The glove box lid won’t close or latch shut. Alternatively the lid may only latch on one corner or keep dropping down. The latches on your glovebox lid snap / retract leading to the lid not shutting or dropping down.
- The retaining pins / prongs / lugs on your glove box which retract when you pull the lever on the lid often become damaged either getting stuck within the internals of the lid door or snap off.
- The prongs often retract too far within the lid and no longer spring out keeping the lid shut. The internal components are very weak and accessing them to attempt to fix the lugs can damage the lid and often this is only a temporary solution.
- Fit our repair kit and fix the lid on your glove box simply and permanently. Our item simply replaces the rubber grommets on the glove box with strong magnets, by fitting our subtle metal receivers on the glove box lid these enable the glove box to be closed tightly and securely without the use of the lid mechanism which fails